Center for Joint Replacement- Fort HealthCare Program
Your Joint Replacement Experts
The expert surgeons at Fort HealthCare Orthopaedic Associates perform total hip and knee joint replacements for the Center for Joint Replacement. Your physician will help you determine which approach best addresses your condition based on your lifestyle. Joint replacement is a treatment option when pain:
- Is severe
- Interferes with daily activities
- Interferes with work
Total Joint Replacement
Total joint replacement is a surgical procedure in which certain parts of an arthritic or damaged joint are removed and replaced with a plastic, metal, or ceramic device. The new, artificial joint is designed to move as effectively as a healthy, natural joint.
Our skilled specialists use the latest techniques and technologies to provide least invasive joint replacement options, including:
- Total hip replacement The cartilage that cushions the hip bones can wear away over time, causing pain and discomfort, making simple pleasures like walking and shopping unbearable. Total hip replacement is a surgical procedure that replaces the worn surfaces of the hip with man-made components. Hip replacement can reduce or eliminate pain, allow easier movement, and let you get back to life. Our orthopedic surgeons also perform the anterior approach to hip surgery.
- Total knee replacement Over time, the cartilage that cushions the bones can wear away, causing pain and discomfort. Simple pleasures like shopping and walking around may become nearly impossible. Total knee replacement is a surgical procedure resurfaces the worn areas of the knee with metal and plastic components. Knee replacement can reduce or eliminate pain, allow easier movement and get you back to a normal life.
Our Comprehensive Approach
At Fort HealthCare, we have created a special program that brings a team of experienced and expert surgeons together with caring and specially-trained nurses, therapists and technicians. Our goal is to provide seamless, coordinated care to get you back to your favorite activities as soon as possible. Our staff has been hand-picked for their positive attitudes, motivational skills, and their passion for outstanding service. In addition, they have been specially trained to provide comprehensive clinical care for all patients undergoing this important procedure.
Once your surgery has been scheduled, your joint care coordinator will be in touch to discuss any concerns you may have and to review important information pertaining to your surgery.
Two weeks prior to surgery, you will attend a class at the hospital that covers rehabilitation and therapy, the dos and don’ts after joint replacement surgery, the resources available to you, and how to prepare for your hospital stay and recovery.
After your procedure, you will be moved to a special suite staffed with dedicated nurses just for Center of Joint Replacement patients, specifically trained to anticipate your needs and maximize your comfort.
Within our hospital, we have created a special area just for the care of our joint replacement patients – an area welcoming of friends and family and free of hospital gowns. Exercise and therapy can be done in private or in group settings, so our patients can support and encourage each other on the road to recovery.
We believe the key to a better outcome is our commitment to superior education for you and your family. Knowing what to expect each step of the way greatly reduces stress and anxiety, and prepares you for as smooth a recovery as possible. Our comprehensive approach includes:
- An informative pre-op class for patients and family
- Physician-led presentations to help explain joint conditions and treatments
- A patient guidebook
- Daily newsletters during your stay
- Educational displays with answers to frequently asked questions
Our Commitment to Excellence
We continuously evaluate and measure our performance to ensure that we provide the highest quality program possible, tailored to each and every patient. Our team meets regularly to maintain clinical and service excellence in all aspects of joint replacement. We also plan a number of special surprises to lift patients’ spirits during the recovery process.