Therapy & Sport Center’s Certified Athletic Trainers
Certified athletic trainers are medical experts who help prevent, assess, treat and rehabilitate injuries that result from physical activity. They are professionals recognized by the American Medical Association as allied health specialists in the field of sports medicine. All certified athletic trainers have a minimum four-year college degree from an accredited athletic training program and have passed a national competency exam administered by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification. Certfied athletic trainers are also licensed in the state of Wisconsin.
Meet our Athletic Trainers
National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) certified athletic trainers are educated, trained and evaluated in six major practice domains:
- Recognition, evaluation and assessment
- Immediate care
- Treatment, rehabilitation and reconditioning
- Organization and administration
- Professional development
- Injury evaluation and prevention
- Pre- and post-operative rehabilitation
- Return-to-Sport Program
- Throwing and gait biomechanical analysis
- Golf posture and swing biomechanical analysis
- Development of strength, conditioning and flexibility programs
- Provider of athletic training services for local high schools and youth sports leagues
- Community education events - available for speaking engagements
- First Aid and emergency care
- Bracing and footwear recommendations
How to Get Referred
If you have an injury, ask your physician to write a referral for athletic training. Many insurance companies now cover athletic training services. If your insurance does not cover these services, you may still receive them on a private-pay basis.
ImPACT provides computerized neurocognitive assessment tools and services that are used by coaches, athletic trainers, doctors, and other health professionals to assist them in determining an athlete’s fitness to return to play after suffering a concussion. It is the first, most-widely used, and most scientifically validated computerized concussion evaluation system.
Sports Medicine Classes
Visit FortHealthCare.com/Classes to see what Sports Medicine classes are available.
To learn more about our services, to inquire about athletic training coverage for sporting events or to schedule a speaking engagement, call the Fort Atkinson Therapy & Sport Center at (920) 568-6523 to speak with the Sports Medicine Coordinator.