Here are some things you can do to bring attention to this important topic:
Information provided by the Jefferson County Drug Free Coalition
1. Thank a local business for checking ID for alcohol purchases.
2. Start talking to the youth in your life about alcohol use. Need help with what to say? Go to this website.
3. Learn to recognize alcohol ads that are placed low to the ground or when alcohol products are paired with youth-friendly products
4. Thank law enforcement, businesses, or schools for posting a Small Talks yard sign.
5. Talk to other parents about not providing alcohol at each other’s houses.
6. Learn about the health effects of alcohol and cancer. Go to this website.
7. Provide support to people on their path to sobriety. Be available to talk or give a friend a ride to a meeting or an appointment.