Add A Class
RNs, LPNs, dieticians, nursing students (contact us to receive student discounted rate), and any healthcare providers interested can attend the seminar for a basic overview of diabetes. The participants will be involved in lecture as well as “hands-on” stations regarding diabetes. Breakout sessions will facilitate active learning for the participants.
- Review the pathophysiology related to diabetes.
- cognize the difference between Type 1, Type 2, and Gestational diabetes.
- Identify the risk factors that lead to diabetes.
- Recognize the signs, symptoms, causes, and treatment of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
- Review common pharmacological treatment modalities for diabetes.
- Identify the importance of exercise for diabetics.
- Identify strategies to prevent complications related to diabetes.
- Understand how carb counting and eating a healthy diet impacts diabetes control.
**NOTE** Withdrawls or cancellations less than 14 days prior to class will be charged a $25 fee**
For Employee Discounts please use your First and Last Name as it appears in the Employee Online Phone Directory. Your employee number will be requested when you select Finish Registration.
A confidential class survey will be sent to each class member with an email after course completion.
Survey participation is encouraged and greatly appreciated.