Every second counts when stabilizing life-threatening trauma cases. This course, taught by qualified nurses, prepares you with the knowledge, critical thinking skills and training needed to provide high-quality, trauma nursing care. After completing this course, you will be able to properly assess and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for your patients.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
TNCC, 8th Edition, supports your clinical skill development! The latest edition offers exciting new features and a dynamic course structure for engaging learning.
- Virtual learning module
- Interactive teaching strategies
- Electronic, open-book testing – No more test anxiety!
- Updated evidence-based provider manual
- One-and-a-half-day course
- 18.25 CNE hours
- CHALLENGER: No classroom time. This modality is only available for registered nurses with TNCC experience and who are comfortable with self-study. RNs are verified as a TNCC provider after successful completion of the course. RNs will receive 3 contact hours for completing the skills testing, online exam, and evaluation. Pre-course modules are optional.
A variety of learning methodologies are included to cater to every learning style, including:
- Online modules
- Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations
Manual: The latest edition of the TNCC Provider Manual includes evidence-based content developed by trauma emergency experts. The 24-chapter, comprehensive manual is a compilation of current trauma nursing standards and a valuable resource for future reference. The textbook for the FULL COURSE is included in the registration fee ($315) and will be delivered to students after registration is finalized. Students will receive an eBook if they sign up within 15 days of the start of the class. Students taking the CHALLENGER course will have the option to sign up for a session with a book (additional cost of $78) or without a book.
Online modules: Online modules with links to additional information are provided prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn and receive immediate feedback, and refer back to information at any time. The modules are a complete case study process — taking you through an entire sequence of care. A rescheduling fee of $100 applies if unable to attend due to incomplete modules.
Live simulation: TNCC includes training using both an individual and team approach. Trauma nursing process skills stations offer you the opportunity to practice trauma patient assessments and interventions in a controlled environment.
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skills stations: TNCC is a one-and-a-half-day intensive course taught by expert instructors.