Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
The 8Th Edition TNCC Provider course offered at Fort Healthcare is a 2-day course developed by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) to provide core-level trauma knowledge and psychomotor skills associated with the delivery of professional nursing care to the trauma patient. The information is presented through instructor-led lectures and psychomotor skills stations.
Every second counts when stabilizing life-threatening trauma cases. This course, taught by qualified nurses, prepares you with the knowledge, critical thinking skills and training needed to provide high-quality, trauma nursing care. After completing this course, you will be able to properly assess and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for your patients.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
TNCC, 8th Edition, supports your clinical skill development! The latest edition offers exciting new features and a dynamic course structure for engaging learning.
- Interactive teaching strategies
- Electronic, open-book testing – No more test anxiety!
- Updated evidence-based provider manual
- Multiple modalities including full course, fast-track, and challenger
Fee and Course Information:
(Please note that all classes are in person at this time)
Course Dates for 2022-2023:
Registration is located at the end of this page and will open 3 months before the beginning of each class.
Verification and Contact Hours:
- Upon successful completion of the course ENA will issue a 4-year provider verification card
- Contact hours are awarded for course completion.
- 80% is needed to pass during the multiple-choice, open book exam (50 questions).
- 70% is needed to pass during skill station evaluation.
- If a student fails the multiple-choice exam, the student may retest once with an alternate version of the exam.
- If a student fails the skills station, the student may retest once with an alternate scenario with a different instructor.
- If a student does not pass the skills station or written test upon retest, the student must register for another course or challenge a subsequent course in order to pursue verification status. A re-registration fee of $100 applies
- All registrations are final. Course credit can be applied to future courses but will not be refunded.
- You may email to reschedule 7 business days prior to the course start date with no additional charge. Our administrative office is closed on weekends and holidays.
- If you contact us less than 7 business days prior to the course start date, a $100 rescheduling fee will be charged.
- Rescheduling/cancellation exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact Course Directors Halley Decker, RN, BSN, CEN (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Juanita Tarp, RN, BSN, CEN (email@example.com) with any questions.
**PLEASE NOTE** The waiver agreement and cancellation information that you will be prompted to agree to upon checkout pertains to our fitness classes. Please disregard for this course and refer to this page of information instead!