There is a lot going on at the Fair – and we like to be part of the fun!
This year’s Jefferson County Fair takes place July 12th – 16th. We are a proud sponsor of Kid’s Day on the 12th, and on different days we will have our providers out and about, available to visit with you and share health and wellness information. We will also have members of our Community Health & Wellness and Pediatric Wellness Teams there to share in the fun, as well as staff from our Therapy & Sport Center, who also manage activities in the Children’s Area and our Railyard Obstacle Course. We will provide free blood pressure screenings, free skin cancer screenings (Wednesday 1-3 p.m.) and chair massages (on Friday).
Our tent is also designated as a Safe Haven for lost individuals and the First Aid location for the Fair. We will be sharing space with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department and Jefferson County Nurses as well. Hands Only CPR demonstrations will be going on, as well as providing a Baby Nursing Station for mothers and families, offering water, seating, fans, and electricity (if required).
Our tent areas are near the Fair Park Office. Stop by and see us!
Special Events (we keep adding to this list, so do check back!):
- Provider Becky McConnell, MPT, BCB-PMD with Fort HealthCare Therapy & Sport will share children’s health information on Wednesday (Children’s Area)
- Martin Okun, MD with Fort HealthCare Dermatology providing free skin cancer screenings on Wednesday, 1:00-3:00 p.m. (First Aid Tent)
- Provider Laurie Runte, APNP will be sharing in the fun and answering children’s health questions on Wednesday, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., along with our providers from Fort HealthCare Pediatrics (Children’s Area).
- Provider Miranda DeThier, PAC and staff from the Fort HealthCare Jefferson clinic will be there on Thursday, sharing lots of great health and wellness information (“Main Street” area across from the Fair Park Office).
- William Cannon, MD with Fort HealthCare Internal Medicine will be there on Friday (“Main Street” area). Joining him will be Chris Barron, Executive Director of Population Health at Fort HealthCare, and Joshua Lee, Fort HealthCare Behavioral Health clinic manager.
- On Friday, enjoy a seated chair massage provided by Kris Poredos, LMT with Fort HealthCare Therapy & Sport (for a limited time).