There is a lot going on at the Fair – and we like to be part of the fun!
This year’s Jefferson County Fair takes place July 11th – 15th. We are a proud sponsor of the Jefferson County Fair, and on different days we will have our providers out and about, available to visit with you and share health and wellness information. We will also have members of our Community Health & Wellness and Pediatric Wellness Teams there to share in the fun, as well as staff from our Therapy & Sport Center, who also manage activities in the Children’s Area and our Railyard Obstacle Course. We will provide free blood pressure screenings (Wednesday-Friday 12pm-8pm, Saturday 10am-8pm, Sunday 10am-6pm) and free skin cancer screenings (Wednesday 1-3 p.m.).
Our tent is also designated as a Safe Haven for lost individuals, and the First Aid location for the Fair. We will be sharing space with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department and Jefferson County Nurses as well. Hands Only CPR demonstrations will be going on, as well as providing a Baby Nursing Station for mothers, offering water, seating, fans, and electricity (if required).
Our tent areas are near the Fair Park Office. Stop by and see us!
Special Events (we keep adding to this list, so do check back!):
- Martin Okun, MD with Fort HealthCare Dermatology providing free skin cancer screenings on Wednesday, 1:00-3:00 p.m. (First Aid Tent)
- Provider Laurie Runte, APNP will be sharing in the fun and answering children’s health questions on Wednesday, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., along with our providers from Fort HealthCare Pediatrics (Children’s Area)
- Provider Miranda DeThier, PAC and staff from the Fort HealthCare Jefferson clinic will be at the fair this week, sharing lots of great health and wellness information about Pediatrics
- William Cannon, MD with Fort HealthCare Internal Medicine will be there on Friday (“Main Street” area) from 12pm-4pm
- Josh Lee, Manager of Behavioral Health with Fort HealthCare will be at the info tent on Friday from 10am-12pm
- Fawn Bingham, FNP-BC of Fort HealthCare Internal Medicine and Pediatrics will be at the Railyard tent on Thursday, from 12pm-4pm
- Jennifer Winter, MD of Fort HealthCare Integrated Family Care Clinic will be at the info tent on Thursday, from 1pm-4pm
- Sarah Pagenkopf, PharmD of Fort HealthCare Inpatient Pharmacy will be at the info tent on Thursday, from 12pm-4pm