Farm to School – AT HOME
Fort HealthCare’s AmeriCorp Farm to School member, Taylor Hall, has organized a number of resources for students and families to do at home during the Safer at Home order. Taylor is also working closely with W3 (Working for Whitewater’s Wellness) coalition and their Whitewater Garden Initiatives program to provide additional resources, including short videos, that will focus on education and engaging activities for gardening at home, composting, and outdoor science and nature activities. Please link to the following resources for more information. For questions, please email Taylor at EatHereEatWell@gmail.com.
April 2020 AF2s Newsletter(scroll for additional Harvest of the Month Fact Sheets)
Meet our 2019-20 AmeriCorps Farm to School member
-UW-Whitewater, B.A. Communications and a Minor in Health Promotion.
-Found knowledge and passion for purchasing and eating locally after serving at a Farm to Table restaurant.
-Loves to cook and adds kale to every recipe.
Fort HealthCare’s AmeriCorps Farm to School
GOAL: To promote nutrition education and influence positive change in our children’s school food environment.
- Collaborate with teachers to facilitate nutrition education and environmental education in the classroom for elementary and middle school aged children.
- Collaborate with school administrators and food service directors to improve the school food environment.
- Build and maintain a regional Farm to School network for Greater Jefferson County WI.
(2017-18 Impact Report) (2018-19 Impact Report)
Harvest of the Month Fact Sheets
POPCORN PALOMITAS DE MAÍZ
What’s happening in the Greater Jefferson County Area?
- Learn more about local efforts in Greater Jefferson County at EatHereEatWell.
- JOIN the EatHereEatWell network or connect with Fort HealthCare’s Community Health and Wellness Department to share your farm to school efforts and learn about others! Phone: 920-568-5244 or email: EatHereEatWell@gmail.com.
- Fort HealthCare’s Healthy Community Coalitions (HCCs) are paving the way through partnerships and support for their respective school gardens. Visit our HCC page to learn more.
- School Garden Map for Jefferson County.
- Learn more about Farm to School efforts happening throughout Wisconsin.