Fort HealthCare’s AmeriCorps Farm to School
GOAL: To promote nutrition education and influence positive change in our children’s school food environment.
- Collaborate with teachers to facilitate nutrition education and environmental education in the classroom for elementary and middle school aged children.
- Collaborate with school administrators and food service directors to improve the school food environment.
- Build and maintain a regional Farm to School network for Greater Jefferson County WI.
(2017-18 Impact Report) (2018-19 Impact Report)
Harvest of the Month Fact Sheets
POPCORN PALOMITAS DE MAÍZ
Meet our 2019-20 AmeriCorps Farm to School member
-UW-Whitewater, B.A. Communications and a Minor in Health Promotion.
-Found knowledge and passion for purchasing and eating locally after serving at a Farm to Table restaurant.
-Loves to cook and adds kale to every recipe.
What’s happening in the Greater Jefferson County Area?
- Learn more about local efforts in Greater Jefferson County at EatHereEatWell.
- JOIN the EatHereEatWell network or connect with Fort HealthCare’s Community Health and Wellness Department to share your farm to school efforts and learn about others! Phone: 920-568-5244 or email: EatHereEatWell@gmail.com.
- Fort HealthCare’s Healthy Community Coalitions (HCCs) are paving the way through partnerships and support for their respective school gardens. Visit our HCC page to learn more.
- School Garden Map for Jefferson County.
- Learn more about Farm to School efforts happening throughout Wisconsin.