In an effort to encourage Jefferson County to make healthy lifestyle changes, Fort HealthCare is providing you the resources to encourage the community to eat locally sourced, fresh foods from the ground, and leave behind the over processed, packaged foods.
Helenville, WI provides a number of different places for you to eat locally grown foods.
Fruit & U-Picks
N5648 S. Farmington Rd. Helenville, WI 53137
Hours: Apr-early June: Daily 9am-5pm, June-Labor Day: Daily 7am-7pm, Labor Day-Nov 3rd: Daily 9am-5pm, Nov 4th-Dec 22nd: Weekends 9am-5pm, Dec 23rd-Apr: Closed – visits by appt.
Phone: (262) 593-5133
Website: jellismarket.com, Facebook Page
Locally Grown Meats
Happy Hollow Farm
W2507 Evergreen Dr. Helenville, WI 53137
Phone: (262) 593-8794
- Want to start your own garden? Don’t know where to begin? Check out the Food System Initiatives link to find gardening tips as well as other information and resources regarding Wisconsin’s Food System Initiatives.
- Visit the Wisconsin Farm 2 School site for information regarding the program and its initiatives.
- The Eat Here Eat Well site offers news on what’s happening with the school gardens.
- Garden leaders can find Grant Opportunities for their school or community garden here!
More Local Foods
- Take a look at the Community Coalitions page for more information on what our partners are doing within the community to make Jefferson County a healthier place.
- Check out Health 365 Events for a full calendar of local events and volunteer opportunities in Jefferson County.