In an effort to encourage Jefferson County to make healthy lifestyle changes, Fort HealthCare is providing you the resources to encourage the community to eat locally sourced, fresh foods from the ground, and leave behind the over processed, packaged foods.
Jefferson, WI provides a number of different places for you to eat locally grown foods.
Jefferson Farmer’s Market
Located in the parking lot along S. Center Ave. and E. Racine Street Jefferson, WI 53549
Open: Thu 11am-6pm June 4th-October 8th
Contact: Cheryl Ann
Phone: (920) 674-7720
Spring Rose Growers Co-op
P.O. Box 3033 Madison, WI53704
Contact: Dawn Matlak
Phone: (608) 622-2673
Website: springrosegrowerscoop.com, Facebook Page
W6635 Kiesling Rd. Jefferson, WI 53549
Phone: (262) 753-6473
Website: regenerativeroots.com, Facebook Page
Locally Grown Meats
Brattset Family Farm
N2437 Brattset Lane Jefferson, WI 53549
Phone: (920) 342-9504
River’s Edge Market
521 S. Main Street, Highway 26 Jefferson, WI 53549
Hours: Mon-Sat 8am-6pm, Sun: 8am-12pm
Phone: (920) 674-6466
Website: riversedgemarket.com, Facebook Page
Jefferson West Elementary School Garden
900 W. Milwaukee Street Jefferson, WI 53549
Phone: (920) 674-2793
Contact: Vicki Schamens & Diane Kachel
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Want to start your own garden? Don’t know where to begin? Check out the Food System Initiatives link to find gardening tips as well as other information and resources regarding Wisconsin’s Food System Initiatives.
- Visit the Wisconsin Farm 2 School site for information regarding the program and its initiatives.
- The Eat Here Eat Well site offers news on what’s happening with the school gardens.
- Garden leaders can find Grant Opportunities for their school or community garden here!
More Local Foods
- Take a look at the Community Coalitions page for more information on what our partners are doing within the community to make Jefferson County a healthier place.
- Check out Health 365 Events for a full calendar of local events and volunteer opportunities in Jefferson County.