In an effort to encourage Jefferson County to make healthy lifestyle changes, Fort HealthCare is providing you the resources to encourage the community to eat locally sourced, fresh foods from the ground, and leave behind the over processed, packaged foods.
Johnson Creek, WI provides a number of different places for you to eat locally grown foods.
High Meadow Farm
N6967 S. Lane Johnson Creek, WI 53038
Phone: (920) 699-3658
Website: highmeadowfarmcsa.com, Facebook Page
Locally Grown Meats
Pernat’s Premium Meats
312 Milwaukee Street Johnson Creek, WI 53038
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, Sat 8am-4pm
Phone: (920) 699-6990
- Want to start your own garden? Don’t know where to begin? Check out the Food System Initiatives link to find gardening tips as well as other information and resources regarding Wisconsin’s Food System Initiatives.
- Visit the Wisconsin Farm 2 School site for information regarding the program and its initiatives.
- The Eat Here Eat Well site offers news on what’s happening with the school gardens.
- Garden leaders can find Grant Opportunities for their school or community garden here!
More Local Foods
- Take a look at the Community Coalitions page for more information on what our partners are doing within the community to make Jefferson County a healthier place.
- Check out Health 365 Events for a full calendar of local events and volunteer opportunities in Jefferson County.