In an effort to encourage Jefferson County to make healthy lifestyle changes, Fort HealthCare is providing you the resources to encourage the community to eat locally sourced, fresh foods from the ground, and leave behind the over processed, packaged foods.
Palmyra, WI provides a number of different places for you to eat locally grown foods.
Locally Grown Fish
Rushing Water Trout Farm
N301 Country Road H Palmyra, WI 53156
Hours: Mon-Tue 9am-5pm, Wed-Sat 9am-9pm, Sun 9am-3pm
Phone: (262) 495-2089
Website: rushingwaters.net, Facebook Page
Diversified Vegetable Farms
N2028 State Road Highway 106 Palmyra, WI 53156
Contact: Gary Kincaid
Phone: (262) 495-3000
- Want to start your own garden? Don’t know where to begin? Check out the Food System Initiatives link to find gardening tips as well as other information and resources regarding Wisconsin’s Food System Initiatives.
- Visit the Wisconsin Farm 2 School site for information regarding the program and its initiatives.
- The Eat Here Eat Well site offers news on what’s happening with the school gardens.
- Garden leaders can find Grant Opportunities for their school or community garden here!
More Local Foods
- Take a look at the Community Coalitions page for more information on what our partners are doing within the community to make Jefferson County a healthier place.
- Check out Health 365 Events for a full calendar of local events and volunteer opportunities in Jefferson County.