In an effort to encourage Jefferson County to make healthy lifestyle changes, Fort HealthCare is providing you the resources to encourage the community to eat locally sourced, fresh foods from the ground, and leave behind the over processed, packaged foods.
Watertown, WI provides a number of different places for you to eat locally grown foods.
Watertown Farmer’s Market
850 Labaree Street Watertown, WI 53094
Open: Tue 7am-12pm, May 5th-Nov 11th
Contact: Andi Merfeld
Phone: (920) 261-6320
Website: watertownchamber.com, Facebook Page
Fruit & U-Picks
N178 Welsh Road Watertown, WI 53098
Contact: Thomas and Lorraine Kohn
Phone: (920) 261-3535
722 W. Main Street Watertown, WI 53094
Hours: Mon-Thu 8am-7pm, Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-5pm, Sun 8am-1pm
Phone: (920) 261-2226 (800) 261-2201
Website: glennsmarket.com, Facebook Page
Riverside Middle School Garden
131 Hall Street Watertown, WI 53094
Phone: (920) 262-1480
Contact: Peter Watts & Kris Travis
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Want to start your own garden? Don’t know where to begin? Check out the Food System Initiatives link to find gardening tips as well as other information and resources regarding Wisconsin’s Food System Initiatives.
- Visit the Wisconsin Farm 2 School site for information regarding the program and its initiatives.
- The Eat Here Eat Well site offers news on what’s happening with the school gardens.
- Garden leaders can find Grant Opportunities for their school or community garden here!
More Local Foods
- Take a look at the Community Coalitions page for more information on what our partners are doing within the community to make Jefferson County a healthier place.
- Check out Health 365 Events for a full calendar of local events and volunteer opportunities in Jefferson County.