March is the ninth annual National Athletic Training Month. This year’s theme is Healthcare for Life and Sport.
During March, certified athletic trainers across America are being recognized for their commitment to helping people prevent injuries and stay healthy and active. Athletic training is an allied healthcare profession. Highly educated and dedicated to the job at hand, athletic trainers can be found in high schools and colleges, corporations, professional sports, the military, performing arts and clinics, hospitals and physician offices.
Fort HealthCare would like to salute the following athletic trainers for providing quality healthcare for our patients and athletes every day.
- Sarah Dettwiler is our newest certified athletic trainer on staff and is working at the Fort Therapy & Sport Center and with the athletes at Fort Atkinson High School.
- Brian Meitner is the certified athletic trainer at the Lake Mills Therapy & Sport Center and works with the athletes at Jefferson High School and Cambridge High School.
- Julia Neppl is an athletic trainer and physical therapist at the Fort Therapy & Sport Center and works with the athletes at Lakeside Lutheran High School in Lake Mills.
- Nancy Haugen is the certified athletic trainer at the Whitewater Therapy & Sport Center and works with the athletes at Lake Mills High School.
- Susan Long is the Forth HealthCare Sports Medicine Coordinator and works at the Fort Therapy & Sport Center.