Have You Been Wondering If You Can Parent This New Baby?
An unexpected pregnancy can be a frightening and overwhelming time. You may be struggling with unanswered questions about making the important decisions that are ahead of you. Our team is here to provide you with information to help you and your child at no cost to you.
Whether you are considering parenting your child or adoption, the resources Fort HealthCare provides, are designed to help you make an informed decision. The agencies listed here provide counselors who offer support, options and community resources to help you with the decisions you’ll make.
Choosing Adoption: Benefits
You are your child’s mother. Making an adoption plan is in your control. If adoption is a choice that you are considering, here are some of the benefits to think about:
- Adoption allows birth parents to resume their lives and work toward their personal goals.
- Adoption agencies can often help secure your medical care, advise you about financial assistance throughout your pregnancy, and may be able to refer you to legal assistance if desired.
- Adoption counseling is available to you before, during, and after your baby’s birth.
- If desired, birth parents may continue to be part of their child’s life through the sharing of photos, letters, and possible visits in an option adoption arrangement.
- There are no fees to the birth parents when placing a child for adoption.
Resources To Help You:
- Evangelical Child & Family Agency Pregnancy Support Services (New Berlin) | www.ecfawics.org | 262-789-1881 or 800-686-3232
- Adoption Choice, Inc. (Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee) | www.adoptionchoiceinc.org | 800-255-6305
- Safe Families for Children (Madison) | www.safe-families.org | 815-978-8151
- Adoption Services, Inc. (Waukesha, Milwaukee, Appleton) | www.adoptionservicesinc.com | 888-686-0443 (Waukesha, Milwaukee) 877-335-6750 (Appleton)
- Lutheran Social Services (Madison, Milwaukee) | www.LSSAdopt.org | 608-277-0610 (Madison) or 414-281-4400 (Milwaukee)
- Lutheran Counseling & Family Services of Wisconsin | www.lcfswi.org | 800-291-4513
- Special Children, Inc. (Elm Grove) | 262-821-2125
- Adoption Avenues, Inc. (Janesville) | www.adoptionave.com | 608-563-4488
Fort HealthCare Obstetrics | 920-568-5171
Fort HealthCare Center for Women’s Health | 920-563-8900 | FortHealthCare.com/CWH
Placing a child for adoption is a loving choice and a gift to the adoptive parents. Adoption provides the child with a family who is able to provide love, opportunities, and the fulfillment of dreams that you may have for your child.
If you don’t feel comfortable making the necessary phone calls yourself, you can ask for us to help you. You can contact either the Fort HealthCare Obstetrics department at Fort Memorial Hospital at (920) 568-5171 or the Fort HealthCare center for Women’s Health at (920) 563-8900 to get started. We are here for you!