• 1/4 cup frozen cranberries
• 1/8 cup frozen blueberries
• 1/4 cup frozen blackberries
• 3 frozen whole strawberries
• 1/2 of a ripe banana
• 1/2 cup brewed green tea, cooled to room temperature
• 1/4 cup plain soy milk
• 1 tablespoons honey
1. In a blender, whirl all ingredients until smooth.
2. Makes one 16-oz. serving
Nutritional Analysis: Calories: 195; Total Fat: 1.13 gm; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 26 mg; Carbohydrates: 44 grams; Sugars: 32.5 grams; Fiber 5.5 grams
Individually quick-frozen (IQF) technology has made high-quality frozen fruit possible, with a nutritional value on par with that of fresh fruit. Frozen fruit is ideal for using in smoothies, chilling the drink without diluting it as ice would. For a tropical spin, substitute 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks for the blackberries and strawberries.