- 1 whole-wheat flat bread (pita without the pocket, about 8 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper (packed in water)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons flavored tomato paste (pesto, roasted garlic, or Italian seasoning)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomato
- Sprinkle of crushed dried red pepper, basil, garlic, or other seasoning, to taste
Spread the flat bread with the toppings and place the bread on a toaster oven tray. Use the “top brown” setting. You can also use a conventional oven on the broil setting. The pizza is ready when the cheese bubbles, in 3 to 5 minutes.
The serving contains about 367 calories, 16 g protein, 13 g fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, and 905 mg sodium.