Why Sleep is Important:
Sleep is vital to one’s overall health, and many things happen while you are in dreamland.
Sleep helps us to:
- PROCESS INFORMATION FROM THE DAY
- SOLIDIFY & CONSOLIDATE MEMORIES
- GROW MUSCLES
- REPAIR TISSUE
- CREATE HORMONES/DISTRIBUTE
- RESTORE ENERGY
Prepare For Good Sleep:
In order to get good sleep, you may have to adopt a few habits before bed, or prepare the area for good sleep.
- TURN OFF ELECTRONICS
- TRY SOOTHING/QUIET ACTIVITIES
- WIND DOWN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO BED
- DON’T EAT OR DRINK TOO CLOSE TO BED
- AVOID CAFFEINE, NICOTINE OR ALCOHOL
- KEEP ROOM DARK & COOL
- HAVE COMFORTABLE SHEETS & PILLOWS
- TURN OFF ANY LIGHTS
- ENCOURAGE PETS TO SLEEP ON FLOOR OR THEIR OWN BED
How Sleep Boosts Immunity:
Sleep is needed to keep you feeling rested and at your best. However, at a cellular level, there are things that keep you immune system strong:
- Sleeping allows your body to make cytokines, which are a type of protein that targets infection and inflammation
- These cytokines are also released during sleep, meaning, if you aren’t getting enough, your body isn’t producing and releasing these germ fighters. – A Double Whammy!
AIM FOR 7-9 HOURS OF SLEEP DAILY!