Community Health & Wellness
The Fort HealthCare Community Health & Wellness Department coordinates community education and health-related events and screenings for the Fort HealthCare service area, collaborating with other hospital and health departments, area clinics, corporations, faith communities, schools, occupational medicine, government and nonprofit agencies, and other community organizations.
The Community Health & Wellness Department is also a key player in helping to fulfill Fort HealthCare’s vision to become the healthiest community in Wisconsin by implementing sustainable strategies focused on combating the nationwide obesity epidemic on a local level.
- Raising awareness.
- Engaging community members in efforts to improve public health.
- Building community partnerships in Cambridge, Jefferson, Fort Atkinson, Johnson Creek, Lake Mills, Palmyra and Whitewater in the form of six community coalitions and a steering committee.
Fort HealthCare’s focus is to work with these community-based coalitions to mobilize the assets of our partners and reduce obesity among area residents in Jefferson County.
We are committed to greater engagement in the overall health of the community and are actively encouraging other individuals to join us. It is our goal to present information, education, resources, programs and tools currently in place in our community – and through our partnerships – to help individuals and families enjoy good health for now and in the years to come. Are you in? Let's do this!
Sign up now to be added to our list and receive our free, monthly e-mail newsletter that covers an array of health topics and offers take-charge tips for a healthy lifestyle. You will also learn about new technologies, procedures and screenings at Fort HealthCare.
IN THE NEWS
- Fort HealthCare to Host Advanced Directive Clinic
- Excellent Care at Center for Joint Replacement
- Free Railyard Fitness Course Moves to Johnson Creek!
- New Cardiac Rehab Equipment
- Celebrate Athletic Trainers Month
- Affordable Care Act Deadline is March 31st
- Angie Smith Meets Lt. Governor Kleefisch
- Frosty Rock Challenge Proceeds to Tomorrow’s Hope
- Fort HealthCare Partners scholarships available
- Mary Behling joins Fort HealthCare Board