TNCC 9th EDITION IS HERE!
TNCC, 9th Edition, is now available! This new edition expands the opportunity for application of trauma knowledge and skills by increasing the Trauma Nursing Process teaching activities from six to eight scenarios. Other enhancements include:
- Reshaped and revised pre-course learning activities to include modules on communication and shock.
- The addition of “The LGBTQ+ Trauma Patient” chapter.
- Interactive activities are interwoven throughout the classroom time.
TNCC, 9th Edition, courses will be added to the course listings as they become available. Fort Healthcare will start to teach this edition in November of 2023
Every second counts when stabilizing life-threatening trauma cases. This course, taught by qualified nurses, prepares you with the knowledge, critical thinking skills and training needed to provide high-quality trauma nursing care. After completing this course, you will be able to properly assess patients and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for them.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and standardized approach to trauma nursing care
- Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
A variety of learning methodologies are included to cater to every learning style, including:
- Provider manual
- Online modules
- Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations
Manual: The provider manual includes evidence-based content developed by experts in trauma care. trauma. A valuable resource for future reference.
Pre-course learning: Includes access to required online modules prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn, and receive immediate feedback. Modules include a step-by-step breakdown of the Trauma Nursing Process and a comprehensive study guide.
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skills stations: TNCC is typically delivered over one-and-a-half days. Live, in-person classroom learning includes skill stations, group discussion and other interactive exercises.
Electronic testing: Electronic open-book testing enables you to test in an environment that makes you most comfortable. No more test anxiety!
The TNCC Provider course offered at Fort Healthcare is a 2-day course developed by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) to provide core-level trauma knowledge and psychomotor skills associated with the delivery of professional nursing care to the trauma patient. The information is presented through instructor-led lectures and psychomotor skills stations.
Fee and Course Information:
FULL COURSE ($35 includes book): This is a 1.5 days of instructor-led class, skills stations, skills testing, and online exam. This version requires a completion of pre-course modules. Attendees will receive a 4-year verification. This course is ideal for first time TNCC attendees and RNs interested in a trauma refresher course. Next class will be available November 15th and 16th.
CHALLENGER ( $238 includes book): This is a course that does not include any classroom time. This option includes skill testing and online exam only. This challenger option now requires pre-course work. Attendees will receive a 4-year verification. Challenger/test out option is optimal for RNs with TNCC/trauma experience who are comfortable with self-study. Next course will be available November 16th
Class Dates 2024
- February 21-22
- May 15-16
- September 18-19
- October 29-30
- February 22
- May 16
- September 19
- October 30
Verification and Contact Hours:
- Upon successful completion of the course ENA will issue a 4-year provider verification card
- Contact hours are awarded for course completion.
- 80% is needed to pass during the multiple-choice, open book exam (50 questions).
- 70% is needed to pass during skill station evaluation.
- If a student fails the multiple-choice exam, the student may retest once with an alternate version of the exam.
- If a student fails the skills station, the student may retest once with an alternate scenario with a different instructor.
- If a student does not pass the skills station or written test upon retest, the student must register for another course or challenge a subsequent course in order to pursue verification status. A re-registration fee of $100 applies
- All registrations are final. Course credit can be applied to future courses but will not be refunded.
- You may email to reschedule 7 business days prior to the course start date with no additional charge. Our administrative office is closed on weekends and holidays.
- If you contact us less than 7 business days prior to the course start date, a $100 rescheduling fee will be charged.
- Rescheduling/cancellation exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Course Directors reserve the right to re-schedule classes based on registration.
- In the event of severe weather, the course directors will cancel class if local schools are cancelled or if the local weather service warns of dangerous travel conditions. Course directors will contact students the evening before class in the event of a cancellation.
Please contact Course Directors Halley Decker, RN, BSN, CEN (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Juanita Tarp, RN, BSN, CEN (email@example.com) with any questions.