Social Media Guidelines
Fort HealthCare encourages you to comment on our social media sites so that we may continue our dialogue beyond the walls of Fort Memorial Hospital and our clinic locations. We regret that we cannot respond to every comment, particularly those that relate to individual medical cases or issues. Comments are reviewed before they are posted, and those that do not satisfy the criteria for posting will not be posted. These include posts that are deemed to divulge proprietary or confidential information about Fort HealthCare, its products and/or services, describe patient information, use vulgar or defamatory words, ethnic or racial slurs, or make derogatory comments of any kind towards any entity or individual. We expect a basic level of civility where all parties show mutual respect. Your constructive criticisms, as well as your commendations for exceptional service, are equally important to us.
By posting any comments, posts or other material on Fort HealthCare blogs and social media sites, you give Fort HealthCare irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Use vulgar or defamatory words, ethnic or racial slurs or derogatory comments of any kind towards any entity or individual.
- Divulge proprietary or confidential information about Fort HealthCare or any third party, its products and/or services.
- Post material that infringes on the rights of Fort HealthCare or any individual entity, including privacy, intellectual property or publication rights.
- Post material that advertises or promotes a commercial product or solicits business or membership or financial or other support in any business, group or organization except those officially sponsored by Fort HealthCare.
- Post any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or endorsement of political campaigns, issues or position on any legislation or law.
- Post chain letters, post the same comment multiple times, or otherwise distribute “spam” via Fort HealthCare sponsored social media sites or blogs.
- Allow any other individual or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post comments under multiple names or using another person’s name.
- Post any information that identifies a patient’s identity or health condition in any way.
Fort HealthCare reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or otherwise fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- Ban future posts from people who repeatedly violate these Terms and Conditions by any means necessary. Fort HealthCare may affect such bans by refusing posts from specific email addresses or IP addresses.
- Remove or edit comments at any time, whether or not they violate these Terms and Conditions.
You agree you will indemnify Fort HealthCare against any fines, damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.