Audiology is the practice of caring for hearing, balance and related disorders. Hearing loss is the third most common health condition in the United States, and more than 31 million Americans have some type of hearing problem. Our audiologist uses the latest technology and hearing tests to determine the type and degree, if any, of your hearing loss or balance problems. She can assist with providing customized hearing protection, individualized hearing aid fitting, hearing aid repairs and more with offices in Fort Atkinson and Whitewater.
Age-related hearing loss, or presbycusis, is the slow loss of hearing that occurs as people get older.
Other services offered by Fort HealthCare Audiology include:
- Assistive Listening Devices (ALD) – can be used with or without hearing aids to overcome the negative effects of distance, background noise, or poor room acoustics.
- Hearing Protection Devices (HPD) – one component of effective hearing conservation programs, HPDs can protect the delicate hearing system from the effects of noise on the job and off.
- iPod Custom Ear Phones – made from impressions of your ear, creating extra comfort and a precise fit when listening to your iPod or MP3 player. A 15-minute impression appointment is needed prior to ordering.
- Custom Racing Headsets – originally made with race car drivers in mind, these ear pieces have a low profile and slip easily under most helmets, so any sport involving head protection would benefit. A 15-minute impression appointment is needed prior to ordering.
- Walker’s Game Ear – hearing enhancement and safety devices developed exclusively for bow and gun hunters. Increases hearing up to seven times, yet protects from loud sounds such as muzzleblasts.
- TV Ears – wireless listening device lets you listen to the television at your own level without disturbing others.
Audiologist Cheryl Kinney, Au. D., is proud to offer FREE screenings year round for anyone concerned with their hearing. Call (920) 563-6667 to schedule a screening today!
Take the Better Hearing Institute’s Quick Hearing Check quiz.
More Information About Audiology
American Academy of Audiology
Levels of Noise
Protect Your Hearing
Understanding Hearing Loss